What Does Viveve Vaginal Rejuvenation in Austin, TX Treat?
The human body is very delicate. Over time, hormones can become out of balance and damage can occur that reduces the function of key areas. For women, vaginal laxity can occur as a result of childbirth or reaching menopause. Talking about this with their doctor is not something most women are anxious to do. It is important, however, because restoring intimate wellness can greatly increase the overall quality of life. Viveve Vaginal Rejuvenation, available to women here in Austin, TX, can make a huge difference.
What Is Vaginal Laxity?
Vaginal laxity is the term for when the vagina begins to lose its tightness. It is very common after childbirth. Many women deal with it once they reach a certain age, particularly when they begin the perimenopausal or menopausal period of their lives.
This issue can have both physical and mental symptoms. It is not uncommon for a woman to feel less satisfied with intercourse. At the same time, they may worry that their partner is feeling less satisfied as well. Stress urinary incontinence is another problem that has both mental and physical repercussions. For some women, leaving the house becomes a stressful ordeal due to fear of leakage.
For many years, this problem got very little attention from the medical community. Treatments are finally being explored. One of the most effective ways to fix this issue to date is to increase the collagen production in the vaginal tissue.
Is Vaginal Laxity Common?
Yes! Although many women feel alone and like there is something wrong with them, this is a very common problem. Menopause causes a decrease in estrogen, which may result in this issue. A recent survey of OB/GYNs also showed that vaginal laxity is the number one issue women report having after having a vaginal delivery. They had women concerned about this issue more than stretch marks or even weight gain!
The Symptoms of Vaginal Laxity
Are you not sure if the issues you are experiencing are related to vaginal laxity? The following are some signs that loosening of the tissues in the vagina is becoming an issue:
- Feeling a decrease of sensation during intercourse
- Feeling like tampons “slip out”
- Feeling air flowing through the vagina
- Feeling reluctant to have intercourse due to embarrassment
- Leaking urine while jumping, coughing, laughing, etc
What Is Viveve Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Viveve is a treatment offered here in Austin, TX that uses cryogen-cooled monopolar radiofrequency. This safe and effective technology is used to heat up the tissues in the target area, which in turn strengthens them. By heating up the tissue, this treatment prompts your body to make more collagen, which is a key building block.
Although heating the tissues in such a delicate area may sound scary, there is no reason to worry. The treatment alternates short pulses of heating and cooling sensations. This is done to protect this delicate area of the body. Due to the alternating cooling pulses, the heat can be delivered deeper into the tissue, where the collagen will do the most good.
What Is Treated by Viveve Vaginal Rejuvenation?
This is a very popular treatment among women here in Austin, TX. This is due to the fact that it treats many different issues, all at once. Consider the following benefits:
- Reduction or Elimination of Urinary Incontinence: Stress urinary incontinence is very common in women after giving birth or when getting older. This is the term for when urine leaks when you cough, laugh, sneeze, etc. By strengthening your pelvic floor, accidental leaking can be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
- Increase of Sexual Satisfaction: Many women love this treatment because it improves the amount of pleasure experienced, both for them and for their partner. This is due to the tightening of both the inner and outer tissues in the area. Having a vaginal orgasm can become much easier after having a Viveve treatment here in Austin, TX.
- Reduction or Elimination of Pain: Vaginal laxity and the thinning of the vaginal walls can cause pain, both inside and outside of the bedroom. Pain during intercourse is surprisingly common after giving birth. Vaginal pain is also common throughout the day for some women. This can take the form of burning, itching, and/or dryness.
- Increased Natural Lubrication: By plumping up the vaginal walls and helping the tissue in the area behave more youthfully, women notice a significant improvement in natural lubrication after treatment. Since lubrication is so important for vaginal comfort, it is easy to see why many women consider this one of the biggest benefits of the treatment.
- Increased Arousal: It can be difficult to feel “in the mood” when you have not been enjoying intercourse or are concerned about urinary incontinence. By reducing or eliminating these issues, many women feel they are ready to increase intimacy with their partner.
- Boosted Self-Esteem: Worrying about pleasing a partner or leaking urine throughout the day can take a toll on how a woman views herself. By restoring more youthful function to the vagina, self-confidence can be restored and quality of life can be boosted.
Why Choose Viveve Vaginal Rejuvenation in Austin, TX?
On top of the symptoms that this treatment can alleviate, there are many other reasons to consider this treatment. Viveve is a great choice for busy women because:
- It takes only one session to see significant results
- Results last for up to a year
- Treatment is comfortable
- No anesthesia is required
- There is no downtime afterward
- Treatment is performed in the comfort of our office
- Can improve the quality of life, both inside and outside of the bedroom
Many vaginal rejuvenation procedures out there require multiple sessions in order to achieve significant results. Due to the cryogen-cooled monopolar radiofrequency technology, Viveve can reach deeper and get dramatic results in just one treatment. This makes it ideal for busy women who want to improve their vaginal health without giving up too much of their time.
A study looking into Viveve satisfaction rates conducted in 2018 showed that an astonishing 98% of women were happy with their results. Although it cannot stop the aging process, this vaginal rejuvenation treatment can help slow it down. Yearly treatments are often all it takes to keep this intimate area functioning the way you would like it to.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Viveve Vaginal Rejuvenation?
This is a great treatment option for women struggling with the issues discussed above. It does not matter if the vaginal laxity is caused by aging, childbirth, or genetics. Consider looking into this treatment if you are experiencing difficulty reaching orgasm, vaginal dryness, or urinary incontinence.
Due to the way it works, women of any age are considered candidates. Like with any treatment, it is a good idea to go into the process with realistic expectations and a positive outlook. We will sit down at a consultation before anything else so that you can know what to expect and have any questions you have answered. Your medical history will be discussed to ensure that this is a good option for you. Those with implanted medical devices, such as a pacemaker, will not be considered good candidates.
What to Expect with Viveve Vaginal Rejuvenation?
This quick and easy treatment can be performed in as little as 30 minutes right here in our Austin, TX office. Urinary incontinence treatments may take a bit longer, averaging approximately one hour. A treatment plan specific to your needs will be created before beginning the process.
The process is considered to be incredibly comfortable. A specialized device is inserted into the vaginal canal to deliver the important radiofrequency energy to where it will do the most good. You will likely feel the changes in temperature as the device cycles between cooling and heating, but most women report no discomfort. The device is no bigger than your thumb. Once inserted, it will be rotated to ensure a thorough and even treatment of the area. Absolutely no damage is done to surface vaginal tissue.
After your treatment, you should be able to immediately resume your normal activities. For most women, this includes returning to work right after their appointment. There are no side effects associated with Viveve vaginal rejuvenation. All that being said, it is recommended that you wait roughly 48 hours after your treatment before having sexual intercourse. This is simply to allow your body to start the collagen restoration without interruption.
Results with Viveve Vaginal Restoration
Due to the fact that it takes your body time to make new collagen, improvements with this treatment take time to develop. You will likely feel changes after a few weeks. It is not uncommon for it to take six weeks or more to feel significant improvement in tightness, sensitivity, and urinary incontinence. Peak results commonly show up three months after treatment. These results have been known to last for a year. Once the improvements fade, a follow-up treatment session can be scheduled. It is important to note that everyone’s body is different. Your body’s collagen production will impact how quickly you see results and how long they will last.
Are you interested in learning more about Viveve vaginal rejuvenation? Get in touch with our friendly and knowledgeable team here in Austin, TX! This is our opportunity to get to know what your goals are for this treatment and to create a plan to help you reach them. If you are struggling with the symptoms of vaginal laxity, know that you are not alone. Also know that you do not have to continue to suffer, simply visit the office of Daniel J. Leeman, MD in Austin, TX to learn more. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!